Thematic Song Circle –
This Event has been CANCELLED
Please feel free to contact me to let me know you are interested in an event like this in the future.
Friday, April 22: 7-8:45 – Theme “Earth Day”
A Song Circle with a theme and a purpose:
- for fun and community building
- to support the opening of your musical expression
- to sing songs that uplift and sustain you where you are now in your journey
- songs that help you connect with your inner being
- songs that have meaning in your life
- a song circle with heart and healing intent
How the Song Circle works:
- Bring a song or two, on the theme of the month, – Earth Day this time. Choose a song which you can sing solo, ask the group to sing together, have the group join on the refrain, or ask another person to lead. If you have a poem, that’s great, too, but please keep it to around 4-5 minutes per slot. You may also pass when your time comes.
- If the group is to sing it together, it is best to bring along copies of lyrics
- You are welcome to share the song’s significance if you desire – and it may be important to do so. Please keep in mind there are other songs and people also wanting to share their selections. The amount of time available is related to number of participants.
- Respect and understanding. One person’s song choice may not be another person’s favorite song or style, but may have special meaning for the person choosing it. One person’s story may touch another in a challenging way. Please be open to growing and allow for differing taste.
- You are welcome to bring an instrument to accompany yourself. Others may chose to sing a capella (without accompaniment) or request musical accompaniment from Pamela and/or another member of the group. Contacting Pamela in advance if you know you want her to accompany may be helpful.
- We all are on our journeys and in unique places along the road. Supporting each other can be a lifeline. Music has a tremendous power to heal, with intention and support.
- Pamela is available to accompany on the guitar and provide support.
- If time allows, people may be able to request two songs. Feel free to come prepared.
Date: Friday, April 22: 7-8:45pm
Cost: Sliding scale: $25-15
Location: Nectar Centre: 255 McKay St.,Close to Dufferin, the centre is in a large house next to McKay United Church. Easy street parking. Four short blocks from Beechwood/Vanier Parkway. We’ll be on the main floor. One block from #9 bus along Crichton.
Please RSVP: Pamela Holm 613-829-1556